Healthcare + Gym + Flexible Working
VTSL is an award-winning technology company and ISP specialising in business cloud communications. VTSL was established 9 years ago and has developed its pioneering technology to remain on the leading edge of business communications. VTSL has 97% customer retention over the last 5 years, is privately owned and highly profitable.
VTSL boasts a staff retention rate of nearly 100%. Staff are given the autonomy they need to do their job, while receiving the direction they need to grow and develop. Work-life balance is important to the founders of VTSL, and as such the company offers the ability to regularly work from home, as well as other flexible working options. VTSL offers a competitive compensation package that includes a gym membership and private healthcare.
VTSL is looking for an experienced helpdesk engineer to join its team. Working in a small team to provide technical support to its SME customers the successful candidate will gain:
- Exposure to all technologies will mean that you will have a wide variety in the work that you do. VTSL owns and operates its network giving exposure to many technologies.
- Experience working with very talented people where you will be constantly improving your skills augmented by external training and certification where appropriate.
- Exposure to a fast paced industry with constantly evolving products.
- Troubleshooting and performing diagnostics to determine root causes of faults
- Testing and providing solutions to users
- Supporting junior engineers when required
- Provide out of hours support on call rota once every 4 weeks
- Working within SLAs and adhering to support processes
- Monitoring of systems to identify issues within the network
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills with proven problem solving ability
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Positive attitude and very punctual
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience of using service desk software / CRM systems
- Understanding and troubleshooting WiFi
- BSc Computer Science Degree or similar
- 1-2 Years experience in a technical support environment troubleshooting & configuring VoIP systems
Required Technical Skills
- Routing protocols (RIP, BGP, OSPF)
- Configuration of switches and routers
- VLANs and trunking, Q-in-Q
- TCP/IP, SIP, STP, DNS, DHCP
- Linux OS
- UK Drivers Licence
Desirable Technical Skills
- Network management systems
- Bandwidth Management
- Traffic shaping
EMAIL YOUR CV TO VACANCIES@VTSL.NET